Sunday, October 7, 2012

Strawberry and Cream Cheesecakes in a Jar


Strawberries are so plentiful and cheap around here at the moment and everyone has those buy 3 punnets for $5 deals so our fridge is full of them.

That is not a complaint.

I love fruit. Mostly we just wash and eat it fresh here.

Seriously I did not fish around to find these strawberries, they were the top 2 in the punnet.

But I couldn't resist making up these strawberry and cream cheesecakes in a jar. The great thing about making cheesecakes in a jar, apart from y'know obviously they look lovely, is that you can spoon on heaps of strawberries and puree some up as sauce and it stays put as you scoop around eating.

If it doesn't happen to be strawberry season for you at the moment - just pop any fresh fruit in the top and it will be just as awesomely delicious.


I have used recycled jam jars, which actually took me a while to collect up, but you can use whatever you may have sitting around. In the past I found drinking glasses or even clean unused glass tea light holders from Ikea work.

Oh and if your a bit of a fan of upcycling and recycling you should check out the latest edition of 'Tickle the Imagination' online magazine.


I have a super yummy recipe for Blueberry jarcakes with cream cheese frosting in the lasted edition.


......hmmmm that styling looks familiar. Nope I didn't do it the same day (I don't have that many jars), although it was about a week apart. I needed to use the jars quick as my friend was collecting used jars to use at a party as drink glasses. Yup another fab recycling idea right there.

This photo is really Bubble and (a) Sweet

Now if only I could come up with an idea for recyling all those plastic fruit punnets I would be set.

and YAY for Bubble and Sweet, we were featured as one of Parenting.com's fav Halloween pintrest ideas for my Double Trouble Witch Brew Cauldron Cake pops. Thanks Parenting.com you can check out all their other creepily delicious favorites HERE.



anyway shameless self promotion over.....back to the cheesecakes.




Strawberries and Cream Cheesecakes in a Jar makes 6
You will need 6 clean 250ml jam jars or similar. If you do not have jars available you can use cupcake papers and bake in a muffin tray. Imperial conversion is approximate.

500g (17oz) cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 egg at room temperature
1/4 cup cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 250g (8 1/2 oz) punnet strawberries
Extra whipped cream for serving

Preheat oven to 140 C (280 F).

Beat the cream cheese and sugar using a mixer at medium speed until smooth and lump free, add the cream and mix until combined.


Reduce speed to low and add the eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined.

Spoon mixture into jars, place on a tray and pop in the oven.

Bake for 25 minutes.

Allow to cool to room temperature and the pop into the fridge to chill for a couple of hours.

Just prior to serving puree about half the strawberries. Chop the remaining strawberries into small pieces. Evenly divide the strawberries and puree between the jars. Top with some whipped cream, decorate with sprinkles if desired and serve with a spoon.


12 comments:

  1. It´s a beautiful recipe and the photos are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you wrapped the string with flowers around the jars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will have locally grown strawberries through the end of October or until the rainy season begins. I am very tempted by your recipe, simple, full of flavor and just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so delicous! These make me feel like summer is nearly here and all the yummy fruits are back in season :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so adorably styled Linda! Love them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love those! S simple but so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow... I love strawberry and these jars look so delicious!
    Bye bye!
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are stunning! Congrats on the cake pop feature!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! These look absolutely incredible!

    Chloe & Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have asked my charming husband to make me these for my birthday, which is in a few days. Who needs a layer cake!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Strawberry and cream cheesecake! That looks unbelievably tasty! : )

    ReplyDelete